Property Tax Postponement
The State Controller’s Property Tax Postponement Program allows homeowners who are seniors, are blind, or have a disability to defer current-year property taxes on their principal residence if they meet certain criteria, including at least 40 percent equity in the home and an annual household income of $49,017 or less (among other requirements). The deferment of property taxes is secured by a lien against the property which must eventually be repaid.
NEW: The PTP filing deadline has been extended to April 14, 2023.
2022-23 Program Timeline
|Applications available:||September 2022|
|Filing period opens:||October 1, 2022|
|Filing extension period closes:||April 14, 2023|
To join our mailing list or get more information about the Property Tax Postponement Program, call (800) 952-5661 or email email@example.com.
Download and share these materials at events and via email and social media.
- Sample Newsletter Article
- Sample Social Media Messages
- Full-Page Flyer [English] [ en Español(Spanish)] [中文 (Chinese)] [sa Tagalog (Tagalog)]
- Small Flyer (prints three to a page) [English] [en Español (Spanish)] [中文 (Chinese)] [sa Tagalog (Tagalog)]
- Free Social Media Graphics (right-click image, then select “Save Image As” to save to your computer)