Property Tax Postponement
The State Controller’s Property Tax Postponement Program allows homeowners who are seniors, are blind, or have a disability to defer current-year property taxes on their principal residence if they meet certain criteria, including at least 40 percent equity in the home and an annual household income of $45,000 or less (among other requirements). The deferment of property taxes is secured by a lien against the property which must eventually be repaid.
|Applications available:||September 2020|
|Filing period opens:||October 1, 2020|
|Filing period closes:||February 10, 2021|
Filing period extension* closes:
*Extension period is authorized for homeowners in the following counties: Butte, Del Norte, Fresno, Glenn, Humboldt, Lake, Lassen, Los Angeles, Madera, Mariposa, Mendocino, Monterey, Napa, Nevada, Plumas, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Sierra, Siskiyou, Solano, Sonoma, Stanislaus, Tehama, Trinity, Tulare, Tuolumne, Yolo, and Yuba
|June 1, 2021|
To join our mailing list or get more information about the Property Tax Postponement Program, call (800) 952-5661 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How did we do? Share your feedback by taking a short survey.
Download and share these materials at virtual events and via email and social media.
- Full-Page Flyer [English] [ en Español(Spanish)] [中文 (Chinese)] [sa Tagalog (Tagalog)]
- Small Flyer (prints three to a page) [English] [en Español (Spanish)] [中文 (Chinese)] [sa Tagalog (Tagalog)]
- Sample Newsletter Article (PDF)
- Sample Social Media Messages (PDF)
- Social Media Graphics (right click, then click “Save Image As” to save to your computer)