California State Controller's seal

Filing Extensions

The State Controller’s Office (SCO) does not have authority to grant extensions for single audit submissions. Local government entities must request an extension from their federal cognizant or oversight agency. A copy of the approved extension should be provided to the SCO. Entities with extensions on file with the SCO are identified with their due date displayed in the single audit status report. The Status Report link is located in the Single Audit Status Report section.

For more information on how to determine an entity’s federal cognizant agency and request an extension please visit the Federal Audit Clearinghouse’s FAQ’s page at: