(6401) Staff Information Systems Analyst (Specialist)
Applicants with disabilities who need reasonable accommodations, such as a Sign Language interpreter, a reader, or assistance attending an interview please call (916) 323-3055.
$5507.00 - $7242.00
Denise Middleton, (916) 323-6695
Information Systems Division
300 Capitol Mall, Suite 634
Sacramento, CA 95814
December 15, 2017
Individuals who are currently in this classification, or are eligible for lateral transfer or promotion, or are reachable on a certification list may apply.
For permanent positions, SROA and surplus candidates should attach “surplus letters” to their application. Failure to do so may result in your application not being considered.
Submit application package electronically via your CalCareers account or to address below:
State Controller’s Office
Human Resources Office
ATTN: Classification Unit - CN
300 Capitol Mall, Ste. 300
Sacramento, CA 95814
Application package must include all the required documents. Mailed application package must include either ARF # 18-001 or Position #051-340-1312-076 in the job title section. Application received without this information may be rejected.
Looking for a job that you can feel passionate about? Looking for work in an inviting work environment? If you are interested in working in a fast-paced environment surrounded by enthusiastic and self-motivated people, then look no further! The Office of the State Controller (SCO) is the destination Constitutional employer within the State of California.
Applications will be screened and only the most qualified will be interviewed. Application must include “to” and “from” employment dates (m/d/y), hours per week, and prior employer contact information including contact number. Applications received without this information may not be considered for this position.
The selected candidate considered for the advertised position will be required to undergo a fingerprint clearance and any offer of employment will be contingent upon live scan fingerprint results.
Scope of Position:
Under general direction of the Data Processing Manager II, the Staff Information Systems Analyst (Specialist) as a member of the Network Support Unit works with Information Asset Owners, Custodians and the Information Security Office to support the activities associated with the SCO risk assessments and vulnerability scanning. Respond to after hours, weekends, and off service support calls including advanced network related emergencies as relayed via multiple forms of communication including a mobile device. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and required to travel to other SCO sites as needed. Periodic overtime is required. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
(Candidates must perform the following functions with or without reasonable accommodations.)
- Performs a variety of technical analysis activities associated with securing the State Controller’s Office network environment. Work independently and as part of a team to analyze, plan, prepare, coordinate, and execute complex technical activities to implement network and security infrastructure changes as a result of findings from risk assessments and vulnerability scanning. Coordinate and provide technical assistance and feedback to Information Asset Owners, Custodians, and the ISO related to the Continuous Monitoring (Vulnerability Scanning and Validation) Program, risk assessments, and security controls related to network services.
- Create and maintain a broad variety of technical documentation, which may include reviewing, editing, and/or developing policies, procedures, processes, diagrams, and/or workflows. Complete and respond to annual and technical reports, as well as other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information more easily. Develop and maintain security standards and processes to maintain compliance with departmental, state and federal (when applicable) policies, laws, rules, regulations, standards, and procedures pertaining to information security, confidentiality and privacy. Monitor regulatory activity to maintain compliance with data security requirements and document management standards. Coordinate and respond to requests for data collection, status, and statistical reporting as needed.
- Maintain the SCO multi-year Network Infrastructure Budget. Track network budget expenditures, monitor encumbrances, prepare various reports for senior management. Serve as the overall expert in infrastructure hardware/software as it relates to procurement, maintenance, support, and replacement and refresh. Advise management of problem areas or needed modifications, provide recommendations on alternatives and solutions to meet SCO’s needs. Forecast and plan for future hardware/software needs for LAN/WAN infrastructure; identify potential impact of implementation to network environment; prepare recommendations for new and existing contracts, and procurement of infrastructure technologies. Prepare analytical and technical designs, and diagrams as well as budget estimates, purchases, approval documents, etc.
- Consult and provide project staff, various levels of management, technical personnel, business clients, and vendors with consistent, predictable and acceptable levels of customer service.
- Functional role as a primary support specialist on assigned IT systems and the role of an active backup support specialist on other IT systems, as designated, to take responsibility for a portion of the workload and whenever the primary support specialist is unavailable.
- Other NSU related duties appropriate to the classification which include, but are not limited to, traveling outside of the Sacramento area, any off shift support or maintenance, relocating and installing equipment, and working with other IT staff, vendors and consultants.