How To Set Your Internet Browser To Search For Unclaimed Property
The California State Controller’s Office website has been designed to be easily navigated and viewed by commonly used Web browsers (i.e. Windows Internet Explorer version 6.0 and above or Firefox 2.5 and above).
If your computer is running any other browser or older version of those listed above, you may encounter problems with certain sections of this website.
What Is A Web Browser?
A Web browser is a software application that enables you to search for information on the "World Wide Web", also known as the "Internet".
How Do I Know What Web Browser Version I Am Using?
In most cases, you can open your "web browser icon" and click on your keyboard’s "F1" key to open your browser’s "Help" or "How-To" program. You can also use your Web browser’s drop-down menu (top of the screen) to select "Help" then "About" to locate your Web browser’s version.
If you are having difficulties
You may want to consider updating your Web browser to a newer version by visiting one of the following links for commonly used browsers:
- Internet Explorer by Microsoft
- Firefox by Mozilla
- Safari by Apple, Inc.
- Chrome by Google
- Opera by Opera Software ASA
*The Web links above are not an endorsement of any product, but rather information provided by the California State Controller’s Office to assist you.
Having difficulties viewing our website in your language?
To check or change the language settings in the following popular browsers, use the menu commands shown below:
Internet Explorer 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 /1 0
- Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, and then click Languages button from the Appearance section near the bottom of the window.
- In the Language Preference dialog box, select a language from the list, and then click OK.
- Click OK to close the Language Preference window, then OK again to close the Internet Options window.
Note for Internet 10 (IE 10) users: The new IE 10 version is not compatible with some functions of this website. If you are experiencing strange behavior while viewing the SCO website, please hit the “compatibility view” button to the immediate right of the address bar. This should clear up any viewing/selection problems.
- Click the Tools button, and then click Options.
- Click the Content tab, and then click the Choose button from the Languages section near the bottom of the window.
- In the Language dialog box, select a language from the list, and then click Add.
- Click OK to close the Language window, then OK again to close the Options window.
Go to System Preferences > International > Language
- Click the three bar icon on the browser toolbar (top right corner).
- Select Settings.
- Select Show advanced settings near the bottom of the window.
- In the Languages section click the Languages and input settings button.
- Click Add and select language from the list, and then click OK.
- Click OK to close the Languages window.
- Click the Opera button, and then choose Settings, and then Preferences (Ctrl+F12)
- Click the General tab, and then click the Details button from the Languages section near the bottom of the window.
- In the Languages dialog box, select Add and select a language from the list, and then click OK.
- Click OK to close the Languages window, then OK again to close the Preferences window.