California Employee Connect (CEC)
CEC is the new employee self-service portal available to all active Civil Service and California State University Employees. It is a secure self-service portal, which allows employees to view, print, and electronically save their own W-2s, leave balances, direct-deposit earnings statements, and more.
There are two ways to view/download/print earnings statements:
- Homepage will show the employee’s most recent three earning statements.
- Earnings Tab will show the employee’s last 36 months of earnings statements.
Note: CEC will only show payments processed by the State Controller's Office Payroll System.
Leave balances are only available for employees who use the California Leave Accounting System (CLAS). Balances shown on CEC will have a month lag of leave information, which is consistent with the employees’ most recent earnings statement.
W-2 and W-2c are now available in CEC!
Employees can view/download/print copies of their last four years of their W-2s and Corrected W-2s (W-2c).
What information do I need to register?
To register, please visit: Cal Employee Connect. You will need the following information from a single earnings statement (paper warrant/paystub or direct deposit advice) from 01/2017 through current:
- Department or Campus Name
- Agency Code
- Date of Birth
- Warrant number or direct deposit number
- Total Deductions
If you do not have any earnings statements, please contact your HR office to obtain required warrant number and deductions information.
- Paycheck Calculator
- Enroll in Direct Deposit
- Direct Deposit FAQs
- Recently retired and want to view your retiree checks, please visit: https://www.calpers.ca.gov/page/retirees
Request a Duplicate Form W-2
(Note: SCO can only reprint W-2 copies of the last four years of history, which is the same electronic information available in CEC)
- Form W-2C: Corrected W-2 FAQ
- CalATERS Global
- California State Payroll System (CSPS) Project
For assistance, email the CEC team directly at: email@example.com